The composers of RAM proudly announce our first event of the 2007-08 season: Breaking Down the Beat. This concert will include six works by the RAM composers based around the theme of exploration, development, and deconstruction of rhythm in modern, American music. The eclectic style of the works will include explorations of meringue, Wiik, rock, south-american dance rhythms, traditional Ghanaese drumming rhythms, and aleatoric rhythmic schemes, just to name a few. All of the works are “older” compositions. Some have never been performed while others are pieces we’d like to share again. The program will be:
- Rhythm and Movement for the Awkward by Allen Schulz; Vilian Ivantchev, Guitar
- Three Nonfiction Songs: Beauty Tips (for Girls), Urban Trees, and Twinkie by Stefan Weisman; Hai-Ting Chinn, mezzo-soprano; Melody Fader, piano
- Spiral by Johathan Pieslak; Robert Auler, Piano
- Chronophobia by Erin Rogers; Elizabeth Mondragon, mezzo-soprano
- Melodias Lejanas by Manly Romero; Laura Barger, Piano
- Ein unzussammenhangend ur Zussammenhang by David Fetherolf; Vilian Ivantchev, Guitar; Liz Keller-Tripp, Flute; David Flachs, Oboe; Ed Matthew, Bass Clarinet; Anne-Marie Tranchida, Violoncello
The Concert will be part of the new Ico Music concert series.
Gallerie Icosahedron 27 N Moore St New York NY 10013
Thursday, October 18, 2007, at 7:00 p.m.
Hope to see you there!